Keto mashed cauliflower
Growing up I enjoyed mashed taters several times a week. As a side and even sometimes as the main course.
The line at Tiller holiday gatherings dwindled quickly after Maw’s taters were gone! I don’t think anyone ever fought over them, but you were never forgiven if your eyes were bigger than your belly and you wasted them!
Potatoes are starchy (pretty much pure carbs) without a lot of nutrients. I appreciate how they can grow in terrible soil and keep folks alive during difficult times, but we are going for optimal here! So instead of potatoes, we are having mashed cauliflower.
We keep a ready stash of frozen cauliflower around here but always choose fresh if we can.
- One bag of frozen cauliflower
- One cup of broth
- Slab of butter
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan
- Cover and cook over medium heat until cauliflower is fork tender
- Mash the cauliflower up.
- Can use a fork but you get extra points if you use power tools!
- Add butter and salt to your liking.
- Add field garlic, onions, or chives as desired.
- Top with bacon and serve as a side or devour in its standalone goodness!
The broth should fill ¼-⅓ of the pan. Bone broth is nutrient dense and adds great flavor but water can be used in place.